There are a host of ways to get involved and be part pf the SMTP site. These range from the local community visiting the site, to potential occupiers, investors and infrastructure developers.
An important amenity and asset for the local community, the SMTP will offer recreational facilities, improved infrastructure, as well as employment and training opportunities.
The creation of a sustainable marine hub will create a space to encourage the required innovation in the industry. This provides attractive investment opportunities.
The SMTP site will offer marine manufacturing and renewables companies the opportunity to co-locate, collaborate and create a self-sustaining eco-system on a custom-built marine technology park.
potential development partners
As well as welcoming manufacturers, innovators and academia, the park welcomes potential development partners to plan, develop and co-create the SMTP vision infrastructure.
The exciting and wide-ranging opportunities available to the community, occupiers, investors and developers include:
- Our vision adds value: The park will offer resources for the whole community, from new and strengthened infrastructure, services and better access to the waterfront and nature opportunities, to new jobs and training opportunities.
- Engagement: All that we do in the will be mindful of the local landscape, to ensure any disruption is minimised, local wildlife protected and opportunities for the local community to get involved maximised.
- We have a vision, not a dream: Whilst ambitious, the vision for the SMTP is backed by a robust plan, with a wide range of stakeholders and funders supporting progress, along an established timeline of key deliverables.
- Our space works: The SMTP will offer direct access to the Clyde via a custom designed, dedicated quayside. The space itself offers flexibility with room to grow and adapt; Occupiers will be part of a wider eco-system including fabricators, innovators, academia, their supply chains.
- We are focused on the future: The park offers an opportunity to modernise the marine industry, offering an innovative space for future generation of engineers, innovators, entrepreneurs, researchers and developers – the SMTP vision is long-term.
- We welcome partners: SMTP represents flexible opportunities. We welcome interest from funders, stakeholders, businesses, and their supply chains and encourage them to join us to deliver this vision that will change the sector for generations to come.
- We care about our impact: every aspect of SMTP focused on a net zero future, the park will create a sustainable environment which fosters collaboration, enabling organisations to work together to develop new ways of working where technology is harnessed to create efficiencies and drive forward the marine manufacturing industry.