Malin Marine SERVICES
Value adding support, 24-7…
Malin Marine Services Ltd offers a range of through life, services covering the full range of specialist on site welding, 3D laser scanning, hydraulics, refurbishments and marine repairs. Clients range from ferry, naval and commercial vessel operators to shipyards, marine civil contractors and marine infrastructure owners.
We can cater to unique, one-off projects with our structural, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical services, or incorporate these into a wider refit and overhaul project or through a life support framework.
In these cases, Malin Marine Services provide the full range of these individual offerings combined into one support group or project working group.
Structural – We can capitalise on the common Group resource to offer structural services for simple or complex service projects.
Using the in-house team of structural engineers and detail designers, combined with fabrication experts, any structural requirements for your projects can be met on time and to cost.
Hydraulics – We provide experienced hydraulic engineering personnel to work on one-off projects or to serve as a key component for larger work.
Our engineers are experts in providing either hydraulic installation for new builds or refits or maintenance services to ensure that critical systems are functioning at all times.
Mechanical – We can provide resource for both mechanical design aspects or expert marine mechanical engineers.
With these combinations, Malin Marine services can assist through design phases while also providing experienced marine engineers and mechanical fitters to facilitate any projects necessary.
Electrical – Malin Marine Services also specialises in providing both marine electrical design and experienced marine electrical engineers for service projects.
This also allows Malin Services to support from a design phase while providing marine electrical engineers to undertake site-based activities required
Retrofits and overhauls – Malin Marine Services can combine the Structural, Hydraulic, Electrical and Mechanical service aspects to provide full-scale refit and overhaul services in the marine sector.
With combined Group design, fabrication and management expertise, Malin Services can effectively tackle any refit or overhaul project which you may have.
through life support network
As a full, through life support framework, Malin Marine Services enables this through a Malin Support Cell, directly liaising with a permanent operations team, comprising of four subsections:
- Maintenance – an on-call team, ready to undertake any maintenance and repairs as required. This includes undertaking planned, preventative maintenance periods, managed and determined by the Malin Engineering Team based on your fleet’s individual requirements to reduce downtime and ensure effective operations.
- Engineering – manages the full service program, carrying out maintenance reviews, managing vessel change and ensuring technical and classification documentation is always up to date, accounting for any change. This team will continually liaise with permanent onboard and onshore staff, along with the other Malin teams, to meet any changing demands and requirements through the vessel’s life.
- Procurement – manages all necessary supplier interactions, making spares and consumables available, managing procurement, subcontractors, OEMs and any supply chain logistics. This integrates the supply chain aspects directly with the engineering and maintenance teams to ensure all requirements are met while fulfilling cost and schedule targets.
- QAHSE – serve the QAHSE requirements of the through life maintenance programs. These teams will be closely interlinked and heavily integrated with both the maintenance and engineering teams to ensure the program is undertaken in a safe manner and that all processes and tasks are effectively documented in accordance with the Quality and Safety management plans.
offshore procedures and surveys
We have a dedicated team on hand to offer a broad range of offshore procedures and documentation, covering all aspects of offshore and inshore operations. We have vast experience in the production of procedures as required by the Warranty Authorities and draw upon a considerable internal library of such documents, to enable us to produce the documentation you require.
Procedures and documentation may be produced to include the following:
- Load out/in operational and technical plans (RoRo/Skidding/Lifting)
- Towage plans
- Deployment analysis
- Subsea installation
- Lay down
- Weather operability
- Sea-Fastening design and installation
- Transport by both road and sea
- Risk assessments
Offshore projects require all engineering to be in accordance with the Class of the vessel (DNV, Lloyds etc.), with the engineering proposal submitted to Class for approval. Our engineering package also includes this approval of Class as a single scope of work, ensuring the complex requirements of the Class Rules are met.
As well as a presence in Glasgow, at the iconic South Rotunda, we also have premises in Aberdeen with a dedicated team on hand to help.