clyde corrosion - our services
Clyde Corrosion a division of Malin Newbuild, offer a specialist blasting, paint and coating service. The expert team have enviable facilities, which enable us to offer clients trusted, tested finishes.
We offer a very large, dedicated blast bay with automatic grit blast recovery systems – this enables us to maintain optimum efficiency whilst effectively recycling the blast media.
Depending on the system and our client’s requirements we offer a variety of grades of finish and blast profiles including Chilled Iron Grit, Olivine, and Glass bead, ensuring you receive the most cost effective, yet proven solution.
- Olivine : A natural mineral abrasive which contains no free silica, ideal for blasting stainless steel and special alloys
- Chilled Iron (S330): A very recyclable material which breaks down on impact. It creates a rapid cleaning action and is used in our Tilgmans Wheelabrater
- Glass bead: A very versatile material used for De-burring, Decarbonisiing, and Mould and Die cleaning
- Steel Shot and Grit (SM325): A mix of circular ball shot, and angular grit is used to create the best cleaning on the steel, removing contaminants, rust, and scale.
- Steel Grit (Pro 45): Fast cleaning and re-usable angular blasting abrasive. We use this material in our large Blast Chambers to achieve profiles 70-95 microns. Ideal for metal spraying.
We offer a unique tractor and trailer loading facilities, perfectly suited for larger or intricate loads. For smaller or more standard loads, we are also perfectly placed to service your needs.
We hold industry recognised inspection certificates (Iccor and Nace) enabling us to offer a number of additional services in partnership with these bodies:
- On Site Inspections
- Corrosion Surveys
- Advice on Specifications
- Guidance on Methods of Application